On the 1st of February 2018, the Swaziland Cross Border Traders Association (SWACBTA) launched a campaign in Hlathikhulu chapter (Branch) in the Shiselweni region. The campaign started with a protest march that assembled at the bus rank and then proceed to the municipal offices.
On the meeting with municipal officials, SWACBTA then tabled a number of issues that need to be addressed by the Town Board. These include and not limited to:
· The payment of similar electricity chargers for different usages
· Municipal refuses to allow good Samaritan support for the Market structure
· Municipal refuses umbrella body representation
· Competition with those who bring stock closer (They also sell at small-scale)
· Leaking roof of the marketplace